Friday, July 27, 2012

Wallet First Aid Kit

Wallet First Aid Kit

In  previous posts, Everyday Carry (EDC) and Theft Prevention: Drop Wallet, I mentioned using an identification size lanyard as an everyday theft prevention technique. Putting your valuable items and money in a safer place. In implementing the use of a wearable neck wallet and drop wallet left me with some space to fill, an empty wallet, so I came up with the wallet first aid kit.

I wanted to be able to have a simple first aid kit as everyday carry and this empty wallet was the perfect place. Included in my kit is protective equipment, such as a face mask and gloves, basic first aid stuffs, such as band aids, antibiotic ointment, gauze and Purell sanitary wipes, also basic individually wrapped over the counter (OTC) medications, such as Pepto Bismol (Antidiarrheal ), Motrin (Pain reliever/Fever reducer),  Benadryl (Antihistamine), an antacid and some others. Also inside are some matches, tape and some plastic baggies. Attached to the wallet is a small Swiss Army knife with scissors and tweezers and a small LED flashlight. While this isn't everything you might have in a more complete first aid kit, all of these items easily fit inside this wallet and is very portable. I have only used the kit a handful of times, but I am always glad it's there.

Now technically, this is my drop wallet and putting all this equipment in it seems like it might defeat the purpose, but all these items are actually very inexpensive in the small quantities here. The knife and the light being the most expensive items. If I had to give this up to a thief I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Actual kit in an early stage
I will update this with a complete list of items, shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment